With the weather finally starting to cooperate, luring us out and about, we thought it would be a great time to highlight some of the amazing entertainment venues and activities we are fortunate to have in downtown Huntsville.
As we started outlining some of our favorite venues, we quickly realized whether you are looking for a family friendly option or a place to hang with the guys, the possibilities have grown exponentially over the past few years!
- Humphrey’s Bar and Grill: A downtown staple, Humphrey’s is the perfect location to hear live music any day of the week from acoustic folk to rock-n-roll. No better patio to lounge and listen on a beautiful day.
- Voodoo Lounge: If you haven’t checked out this true to its roots bar, you should consider stopping by after dinner on a Thursday evening for some live music. One of our local favorites Dr. Neil Schamban is sure to be jamming on stage!
- Von Braun Center: We would certainly be remised not to mention the great acts the VBC recruits for our community. And, we are extremely excited about the new expansion and the unique vibe it will bring to downtown.
- The Mercantile: Coming to downtown this summer right across the street from us in the old U.G. White space, The Mercantile will feature a diverse mix of musical concerts. Looks like the first acts will take the stage in July!
- Side Tracks Music Hall: Opened in March 2017, Side Tracks offers not only a large indoor stage but also an outdoor patio with stage to enjoy on those beautiful evenings.
BEFORE / AFTER DINNER DRINKS
- Old Town Beer Exchange: OTBX is a fan favorite for grabbing a beer after hours. They have a great variety of not only beer but wine as well.
- SiP Fine Spirits & Cigar Lounge: SiP is the perfect spot for an after-dinner drink. They have an extensive list of bourbons and nice hand-crafted cocktails.
- The Martin: Huntsville’s newest renovated drinking hole, The Martin has a laid-back atmosphere, perfect for grabbing a drink with the guys.
- Pourhouse: We are anxiously awaiting the opening of Pourhouse, the exclusive bar of Stovehouse, slated to open the end of the month.
- Big Spring Park: We are so fortunate to have such a beautiful green space in the middle of our downtown. The park plays host to numerous events, including Panoply Arts Festival, Concerts in the Park just to name a few.
- The EarlyWorks Family of Museums: Three amazing museums (EarlyWorks Children’s Museum, The Historic Huntsville Depot and AL Constitution Hall Historic Park & Museum) all located in the heart of downtown. Something for everyone in the family with a number of exhibits and events throughout the year.
- Huntsville Museum of Art: Another treasure of our downtown, we are fortunate to have such a well-appointed museum that brings in some of the most amazing exhibits shown around the country. They also have incredible art classes for all ages!
- The Lucky Duck Scavenger Hunt: A little bit of a well-kept secret and such a fun way to explore downtown, the hunt consists of 14 cleverly hidden ducks designed to help those on the lookout experience the sights and history that the heart of our city has to offer. LEARN MORE HERE!
ACTIVITY BASED FUN
- RockAxe City Throwing Club: For those of you that haven’t had the opportunity to try out your skills throwing an axe, you’ve got to give this a shot. No, you really don’t have to have any skills just show up for a sure to be good time!
- Huntsville Escape Rooms: Located on Madison Avenue, Huntsville Escape Rooms offers six escape game challenges all under one roof. Varying levels of difficulty, this makes for a great team building exercise or a family fun-filled outing.
- Pints & Pixels: For all you old-school gamers out there, Pints & Pixels is the perfect spot. With over 50 vintage arcade games and pinball machines, you are sure to find the one that takes you back to the good ole days of your childhood!
- X-Golf: For the serious golfer and well want-to-be golfer alike, X-Golf offers state-of-the-art simulators in which you can play year-round no matter the weather out. And, you can play some of the world’s best courses without leaving downtown Huntsville!
“TRAILS” OF FUN
- Downtown Huntsville Coffee Trail: Sip your way through downtown Huntsville experiencing 7 different local craft coffee shops.
- Downtown Huntsville Craft Beer Trail: If you are a beer lover, you will certainly appreciate this trail being one of the longest downtown craft beer trails in the Southeast. Enjoy 7 local craft breweries and 4 local craft beer stores
We certainly can’t wrap this post without mentioning a few of the wonderful seasonal offerings that make our downtown so inviting throughout the year such as Green Street Farmer’s Market, Concerts/Movies in the Park, Friday Night Art Walk, Under the Lights, Food Truck Rallies and more!
*Image courtesy of Downtown Huntsville Inc.
Leave a comment